The 2 P’s
Life can seem pretty complicated at times and we are always trying to be the best we can and learn as much as we can. Learning about yourself is always always going to be valuable. Generally, we are the only ones holding ourselves back. Are you guilty of the 2 P’s?
Procrastinating and Perfection
Sometimes we have so many things going on in our life….. That I end up procrastinating and I seem to easily stray or get distracted.
Some of the signs that you are a procrastinator
- Filling your day with “other” things to do rather than the all-important jobs.
- Reading e-mails when you should be doing other things? Or Facebook?
- Starting that all important job or task and almost immediately going off to make a cup of tea or coffee.
- Something you have had on your “To Do” list for a long time, even if you know it’s important, but you just keep putting off.
- Saying “Yes” to other things that are just not that important and spending your time on these instead of getting on with the things that you really have to do or should do!
- Waiting till your in the “right mood” or for the “right time”
- The…. I will “do it tomorrow” mentality, more often than not, tomorrow turns into, days, weeks or even months!
Personally, I now write a list of everything that I want to achieve in a day and it must get done, almost as if my life depends on it.
Don’t wait for perfection before you do something either. Many of us (again me included) want things to be perfect before I do it. We often spend more time learning about something in hope of perfecting it than we actually do taking action.
Did you know that Thomas Edison actually used to announce that he would reveal a new invention before he had even finished it. This way… He had to get it finished, he had a deadline to work towards and there was no way he could wait till it was perfect or over complicate matters.
Nothing is ever going to be perfect and you are probably the only person that would ever notice the imperfections. So roll with what you have……. Better to have tried and failed….. Than never to have tried at all! Who knows…. Maybe you won’t even fail? In the SFM, they are always encouraging that whatever we build in life…. It is from strong foundations. We are lucky and grateful to have had their help and guidance.
Thank You for reading.... we are
Want to Chat?
Read more about our story
Sign up to our Newsletter
Legal Disclaimer (Its always best said than not) Whilst we are here to help and guide you, individual results will vary. No results can be guaranteed. All the products and services we provide are for educational and information purposes only. All opinions stated are our own and we are not telling you what to do, but sharing our story and what we did. Amongst other things, we are affiliate markers and we earn commissions from products and services that we may recommend. If you choose to become an affiliate yourself, there are some people who will not earn a penny with our products and services because individual results will vary greatly from person to person. We are all individual and results are dependent on effort, determination, hard work, ability to follow directions, mindset and more. Please read our full disclaimer.